Home > Investors
Gateway Delta is uniquely positioned in the market to leverage its collective know-how, unique skills set and dynamic approach to doing business to provide investors with superior returns.
The Company will achieve this through exposure to high-yielding US dollar denominated real estate leases with robust growth potential
and has an evergreen option to hold or dispose of assets depending on the business cycle.
Gateway Delta presents an attractive investment case, as it:
- Seeks to address the dire shortage of suitable office, specialist retail and industrial assets,
- Seeks to accommodate multinational corporates and retailers wishing to enter or expand their operations on the African continent,
- Provides investors with high-yielding US dollar denominated direct real estate exposure with robust growth potential,
- Has long-standing and strategic partnerships with established local developers to develop the initial project pipeline,
- Has a strong board, experienced executive management team and investment committee comprising individuals with exceptional track record in creating, raising and managing property development and investment companies on the continent and internationally.
Vassi spent his working career with Deloitte and was appointed as CEO of Deloitte Southern Africa in 1998 and chairman of the Africa Board in 2004. He retired from Deloitte in November 2014 after 37 years with the firm.
During his tenure at Deloitte he worked in Africa, Europe, Russia and India, including serving as member of the Global Board of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (until 2006), member of the Global Executive of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (until 2011), member of the Deloitte UK Executive (from 2006 until 2009) and as vice chairman of Deloitte UK (from 2009 until 2014).
Vassi has extensive business experience in Audit, Corporate Finance, and Mergers & Acquisitions in the Energy, Mining, Telecommunication and Banking Sectors, having served some of Deloitte’s largest clients including Barloworld, First Rand Bank, Anglo American, Mondi, Tata, Vedanta, Zee TV, Essar and Econet. He serves on several boards, including as non-executive director and chairman of Nedbank Limited and Nedbank Group Limited, as non-executive director of Old Mutual Plc and of Old Mutual Group Holdings (SA) (Pty) Limited and as senior independent director on the board of Mauritius based Liquid Telecommunications Holdings Limited.
He is a member of ICAEW and SAICA and was conferred honorary life membership of SAICA in 2011 for his contribution to the development of the profession in South Africa. Vassi is an Associate Professor of Accounting and Auditing at the University of Johannesburg. Vassi is a past chairman of the Africa Children Feeding Scheme and is a Trustee of the Thuthuka Bursary Scheme.